Marketing and Recruitment
Recruiting enough students for viable programs is a collaborative effort between Program Directors and the Office of Study Abroad.
The Office of Study Abroad is responsible for the general marketing of the term. Its marketing activities are comprehensive and include:
- posting program brochures to its website;
- running announcements on its website;
- advertising on its Facebook and Twitter pages;
- requesting and providing content for Newsroom articles announcing deadlines, fairs, and open courses;
- tabling in Anderson Student Center;
- hanging banners in ASC;
- hanging flyers and posters around campus;
- advertising on flat screens around campus;
- assisting Program Directors with scheduling and promoting info sessions;
- hosting Study Abroad Fairs in September and February; and
- hosting a J-term Open House in March.
Semester Program Directors are expected to join various promotional events as communicated by the Office of Study Abroad. Short-term Program Directors take responsibility for marketing their own programs to students. The Office of Study Abroad can assist with suggestions for using traditional and creative marketing channels.