Irish Gaelic Language Scholarship
The University of St. Thomas has established a scholarship fund to increase opportunities for students to study the Irish language at Acadamh na hOllscolaíochta Gaeilge, the Irish language center of the National University of Ireland Galway. The center is located in an Irish-speaking community 35 miles west of Galway city.
Students awarded the scholarship will enroll in "SU 301-Intermediate Irish Language," a course offered through the International Summer School of the National University of Ireland Galway.
Two tuition awards per year are available through a generous grant from the national government of Ireland.
Award Amounts: Two full tuition awards for 6 credits of Intermediate Irish Language
- Degree-seeking student at St. Thomas or an ACTC college
- Applicants applying to the Irish Language summer program at the Irish Language Center of the National University of Ireland, Galway
- Good disciplinary standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Students must have completed Gaelic 111 and 112 by the beginning of the summer term abroad
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Leadership or other demonstrated involvement in campus or community activities
Please contact the IEC at (651) 962-6450 for any questions or additional information.