Office of Study Abroad Scholarships
The Office of Study Abroad (OSA) manages a portfolio of scholarships for those students participating in approved OSA off-campus programs. All students are encouraged to apply, even if their approval for a program is not yet confirmed. The general scholarship application ensures that applicants are considered for every scholarship for which they are eligible.
Minimum requirements to receive study abroad scholarships:
- Degree-seeking student at the University of St. Thomas
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Approval to participate in a study abroad program
- Read through the list of OSA scholarships and review all eligibility requirements.
- Begin a scholarship application and review the essay questions. You can save your application and log back in to edit it.
- Write well thought out essays, and address particular scholarships for which you would like to be considered.
Scholarship applications open 4 weeks prior to deadline.
October 1 for Spring Programs
March 15 for Summer, Fall, & Year Programs
April 10 for J-Term
IMPORTANT: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of available funds. Not all scholarships listed may be awarded each term. Applicants may receive only one award per year from those listed within this portfolio. If you qualify for tuition remission for your term abroad, you are not eligible to apply for scholarships.
Other Scholarships for Study AbroadThere are other non-St. Thomas scholarships available for students participating in off-campus programs. The following brochures list some of these options, but they do not provide an exhaustive list. Deadlines and application processes vary.
If you are approved to participate in a co-sponsored program (e.g. AIFS, Butler, CIEE, etc...), you may qualify to apply for scholarships directly from the program organization. The brochure gives general eligibility information and scholarship award ranges, but please visit the program home page for complete details.