Annual Study Abroad Photo Contest
Congratulations to this year's winners! The winning photos are featured in the Newsroom.
If you are currently abroad, keep our photo contest in mind!
Each photo may be entered into one of the following judged categories (limit three per category):
- An Intercultural Experience – photos that capture an interaction between the host culture and students that feature learning, play, shared labor, music, dance, cooking, outdoor adventures and more. FOCUS: Interaction
- A Sense of Place – capturing the place/landscape of the unique atmosphere of the country in which you were a guest. FOCUS: Scenery
- Tommies Abroad – photos of St. Thomas students abroad that reflect the overall study abroad experience and/or UST pride. FOCUS: UST
Photographer must be a St. Thomas student participating in a St. Thomas study, work or volunteer program overseas.
If selected, your work will be rewarded with $100 for first prize, $50 for second prize, and $25 for third prize. It may also be reproduced in a university publication for advertising, design, editorial and other areas of communication.
How to Submit Photos:
- Each person shall submit ONE Photo Contest Entry Form for all submissions.
- Limit of three submissions for each category.
- Rename Photo Contest Entry Form when saving file as follows: Last Name First Name
- Name each photo file as follows:
- Last Name First Name Category Abbreviation Photo Number (Ex: Smith Jane TA 1)
- Photos may be in color or black and white
- Photos should be the highest-resolution possible and must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or. gif format. Print photos or negatives are not accepted.
- E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Photo Contest
- Print Annual Study Abroad Photo Contest Info 2015.pdf.