Non-Credit Domestic Off-Campus Programs
All offices on-campus must follow the appropriate policies for off-campus travel. All sponsoring academic departments must notify International Education of the off-campus programs/travel being offered. Contact Sarah Huesing, Study Abroad Advisor (651.962.6484 or email@example.com) to coordinate the steps for taking students off-campus.
As far in advance as possible:
- Contact International Education for guidance in completing the following steps. A staff member in International Education will be assigned to serve as your liaison throughout the process.
- Prepare timeline by which you will require the students to have completed their online travel registration.
Before selecting students or confirming student participation:
- Verify the good standing (both academic and conduct) of each applicant.
- Conduct probation status can be checked in collaboration with the Dean of Students office.
- Academic status can be verified either via Murphy or by requesting an unofficial transcript from each student.
During the semester prior to departure:
- Require students complete the online travel registration. International Education will provide you with a link to the registration for distribution to your group. You must ensure that all students complete this registration.
- Require any accompanying travelers (for example, a parent) to sign the appropriate waiver. Contact International Education to obtain the waiver.
Conduct orientation sessions for students which include information on:
* A general overview of expected behavior on the program
* Travel Safety information
* General health issues or concerns (e.g., students should make the group leader aware if they have a chronic condition).
- St Thomas Student Health Services is available for consultation and can conduct a session on health and safety for travelers.
- If you plan to rent a car during your off-campus travel, review the UST Motor Vehicle Operation Policies, Procedures and Certification Program, and you will need to complete the Authorization to Obtain Driver Record form.
- Based on the emergency contact information provided in the online travel registration, the IEC staff will provide both you and Public Safety with a complete list of emergency contact information. You are required to carry this with you during your travels.