Other approved programs are programs managed by a St. Thomas approved program provider: AIFS, IES, etc. St. Thomas continues to support students with advising and St. Thomas administrative logistics; the program provider manages all aspect of the program: academics, housing, onsite student support and excursions.
Search for: Other Approved J-Term Programs
1) Attend a group advising session for Other Approved J-Term Programs (required): learn about the application process, credit transfer, logistics and eligibility. Advising and application opens April 15th.
2) Select a program and notify advisor of program selection (if you did not do so during advising session).
3) Complete St. Thomas Study Abroad application.
4) Complete other approved program application.
5) Students must be approved to study abroad by both St. Thomas and the other approved program.
The priority application period does not apply to other approved J-Term programs, and students are not required to submit a deposit to St. Thomas on application. Deposits are paid directly to the other approved program.
Advising sessions for Other Approved Programs - J-Term 2018
Attendance required in order to apply; RSVP not needed. All sessions are in MHC 212 unless noted.
Students applying to a St. Thomas or UMAIE program are not required to attend an advising session or meet with an advisor.
The following programs have been approved by the Theology department to meet St. Thomas Theology core requirements.
IES: Rome – From Pontius Pilate to Theodosius
Arcadia: Greece - St. Paul in Greece (NEW)
IAU: Mediterranean Basin - From Polytheism to Monotheism, The Early Christian Period in Italy, Greece & Turkey
IAU: Europe and the Islamic World
AIFS: Germany: Humboldt University*
AIFS: Italy: Richmond in Rome*
*Only the religious studies courses are approved for Theology credit
Explanation of Fees for Short-Term Programs
Off-Campus Study Fee
All students who study off-campus during any term will be charged a $275 Off-Campus Study Fee. The fee, along with the program fee, will be reflected on your student account prior to your program. This fee supports the administration on the University of St. Thomas campus of the program in which you will be participating off-campus.
The other approved program will bill St. Thomas for program costs. Charges will be posted to St. Thomas accounts, balance is due following the normal on campus billing calendar. Visit stthomas.edu/businessoffice for dates. Application fees and confirming deposits must be paid directly to the other approved program; these fees cannot be posted to student accounts.
Cancellation process for Other Approved Programs
1. Cancel through your program by contacting them directly.
2. Cancel through St. Thomas Study Abroad by e-mailing email@example.com from your St. Thomas e-mail account.
3. You are subject to the cancellation policies of both your program and St. Thomas Study Abroad.
Other Approved Program Cancellation Policy:
View your other approved program website and/or contact them directly.
St. Thomas Study Abroad Cancellation policy:
You will be charged a cancellation fee equivalent of the Off-Campus Study Fee ($275 - short term; $650 - semester) if you advise St. Thomas you are not participating in an other approved study abroad program after the following dates:
December 1 for January Term and Spring programs
May 1 for Summer programs
August 1 for Fall programs