The Thomas Scholarships
Funded by St. Thomas alumnus Dr. Jack Thomas, these four scholarships will provide funding to study abroad for undergraduate students in each of the following disciplines: Education, Engineering, the Natural Sciences, and Social Work.
Award Amounts: $2,000
- Undergraduate students may apply at any time, including prior to application to study abroad.
- Scholarships will be held until the student has been approved to participate in study abroad.
- Student will study abroad for one semester or an academic year.
- Students must have a minimum of 2.75 g.p.a. at time of application. Individual programs may require higher g.p.a. for participation.
- Student will demonstrate leadership in academics, student life or service.
Upon return to St. Thomas, student will agree to participate in the Study Abroad Fair, and in activities which support international exchange, such as:
-- Serving as an International Mentor
-- Participating actively in Globally Minded Student Association (GMSA)
-- Participating in The International Workshop, a weekend leadership retreat for international students and study abroad returnees
- First time study abroad participants
- The unique academic or experiential challenge of the program
- Financial need
- Academic excellence of the student
- Leadership or other demonstrated involvement in campus or community activities
Please make an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor for more information.