Fall Term 2017
Last updated: 4/21/2017
Your actual costs will vary from this estimate prepared by the Office of Study Abroad. Please compare this estimate to the information you obtain from your program and personalize it based on your chosen program options and personal plans. The Financial Aid Office utilizes this cost estimate when approving scholarships, grants and student loans for use on this off-campus study program.
1. The $3500 room fee includes accommodation with 5 breakfasts per week. Students should be prepared to cover lunches and dinners out of pocket with the $2750 estimate.
2. The $2700 personal expenses are meant to be for living expenses only and do not include weekend travel during the semester
3. Any optional weekend trips or excursions provided by AIFS will have additional charges which will be billed directly to the student.
4. Passport and consular fees include the cost of a US passport as well as costs associated with obtaining the UK
Tier 4 Visa. Passport cost = $140. UK Visa cost = $420. Additional miscellaneous costs (postage etc.) = $65 approx.
5. AIFS program deposit of $450 will be applied to program costs at time of billing by St. Thomas
6. Optional additional insurance through AIFS is $90
7. All students are charged a refundable $250 damage deposit by AIFS
EXCHANGE RATE: 1GBP = US $1.27
*Note: Cancellations must be submitted IN WRITING to both St. Thomas Study Abroad and AIFS. Under no circumstances are cancellations accepted by phone or in person.