This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
UST Graduate Business: Global Financial Services (FINC752)
Hong Kong, China; Shanghai, China; Taipei, Taiwan (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||St. Thomas applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Class Standing:||5 - Graduate|
|Minimum GPA:||2||Subject Areas:||Accounting, Finance|
• Course is directed by Prof. Michael Sullivan, finance department in the Opus College of Business
• Provides students with an opportunity to broaden their understanding of the global financial services industry and to gain valuable exposure to non-U.S. perspectives.
• Prerequisites: FINC600
• Fulfills: Graduate business elective course
FINC752 is an MBA seminar course featuring an integrated set of guest lectures and site visits geared towards giving students the most intensive and thorough exposure to the global financial services sectors. The lecturers represent a blend of academic and practitioner experts who work with Dr. Sullivan to achieve the course’s overall goals. Unquestionably, Shanghai and Hong Kong are upcoming, cutting edge, financial services centers, and Taipei has laid the ground work to be one of the leading centers of western business practices in Asia.
There will be at least two seminars and/or unique cultural activities each day to create an immersive experience. A variety of speakers from the financial services industry in Shanghai, Hong Kong and the China regional market will present their descriptive sessions which will summarize each firm’s economic activity, outlook and opportunities on the emerging China regional market.
For more detailed information, please visit the Opus College of Business Study Abroad homepage.
Application Procedures & Deadlines
- Select the Apply Now button at the top to start your online application.
- Login using your UST username and password.
- Submit your application as soon as possible, ideally before the priority application deadline of June 9, 2014.
- Interest in the study abroad programs is high. All applications received by this initial deadline will receive equal consideration. After June 9, the course will be filled first-come, first-served with qualified applicants.
- A waitlist of approved students will be established once 30 students are approved.
- The final deadline to submit applications is OCTOBER 31, 2014.
- Download and read Graduate Short-Term Off-Campus Policies and Procedures. You are responsible for reading, understanding, and abiding by its content.
For more information
On course content, contact: Prof. Michael F. Sullivan at email@example.com
On application procedures or logistical information, contact UST MBA student services office.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Through Sept. 16, 2014..................Refund of $500 deposit
Sept. 16-Oct. 8, 2014......................No Refund; Loss of $500 deposit
Oct. 8-Nov. 26, 2014.......................No Refund Guaranteed; 100% of Program Costs will be charged to student account; any recoverable costs returned following the end of program
After Nov. 27...................................NO REFUND
*All cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Evening UST MBA Program
University of St Thomas | Opus College of Business
1000 LaSalle Ave | TMH100 | Minneapolis, MN 55403