1. Passport/Consular fees include first time passport application fee ($140) and visa fee ($80).
2. Insurance is required CISI insurance at $50/month
3. Other is required semester contribution of Euro 224. 67 and mandatory German health insurance at Euro110 per month and a pre-departure COVID test at $100.
4. Budget is for a year-long exchange with the International Engineering Program which includes on-campus coursework in the fall and a non-credit internship in the spring. Budget reflects total student costs for the year. Financial aid office should budget the following for students participating in an internship ($2,000 additional meals, $3,000 personal expenses, $200 local travel, $225 insurance, $2550 room, $693 Off-Campus Study Fee, $946 Other).
5. Students participating in the exchange as part of other programs/majors should budget for $35,592 for tuition.
6. Students will pay for housing on-site. It will not be billed to St. Thomas.
Updated March, 21 2022
1 Euro = 1.10US
The tuition amount listed above is either your program’s tuition cost or 12-credits of St. Thomas tuition (3-credits for January Term), whichever is higher.
Your actual costs will vary from this estimate prepared by the Office of Study Abroad. Please compare this estimate to the information you receive from your program and personalize it based on your chosen program options and personal plans. The Financial Aid Office utilizes this cost estimate when approving scholarships, grants and student loans for use when studying away. Contact your financial aid counselor with questions.