CIEE Arts and Sciences Program in Seoul, Korea
Recognized by UNESCO for outstanding design yet firmly rooted in ancient traditions, Seoul is full of intrigue and inspiration for students of arts and sciences. You’ll find it easy to make the most of the city’s live-wire environment, with access to Korean culture through the Seoul Mates program, university clubs, and a variety of unforgettable excursions – and our dedicated team to guide you at every step.
Study abroad in Seoul and you will:
- Boost your Korean language skills with intensive courses for all levels.
- Learn at Yonsei School of Business and its Creative Leadership Forum, noted for its discussion series on investment banking, management consulting, media, and entrepreneurship.
- Get to know your Korean counterparts with our Seoul Mates program.
- Experience Korean family life with a one or two-night homestay.
Established in 2006, this program is designed to support students while they learn at a top-ranked Korean university and experience everyday life in Seoul. A special in-depth orientation and extracurricular program helps students get to know the country, along with 15 weeks of courses in English and Korean with the Yonsei University’s Division of International Education.
The CIEE Study Center is based at Yonsei University, the most prestigious private institution of higher education in Korea. The school has 18 graduate schools, 21 colleges, and a student population of more than 30,000, including more than 1,000 students from 20 countries. It is less than 20 minutes from downtown Seoul on a large, attractive campus. Sports facilities including a fitness center, pool, gym, and basketball and tennis courts.
The academic calendar runs from mid-August through late June and is divided into two semesters. Unlike in the United States, the spring semester (February-June) is the first semester of the academic year and fall (August-December) is the second. All courses are taught by Yonsei University faculty.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA