CIEE Advanced Arabic Language Program in Amman, Jordan
Amman, the capital and most populous city of Jordan, is the country's economic, political and cultural center. The city's breathtaking skyline is continuously transformed with the entrance of new industry. Your fluency and confidence will soar as you study the history and literature of this area in classes taught in Arabic. Excursions and volunteer opportunities supplement the cultural immersion for those looking to truly advance their Arabic language skills.
Study abroad in Jordan and you will:
- Take day excursions to famous archaeological sites, or an overnight trip to the Rose-Red City of Petra.
- Sleep in tents in the middle of the desert while exploring the natural wonders of the region.
- See films, lectures, and exhibits all in the the target language of Arabic.
The Advanced Arabic Language program is designed to provide students with a full immersion experience commensurate with their abilities and proficiency level. All courses are taught in Arabic and include both subject area content and language instruction. This approach enables students to develop a high level of proficiency in Arabic, and a better understanding of important issues facing Jordan and the Middle East today.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA