CIEE Summer Arabic Language Program in Amman, Jordan
If you’re interested in beginning your study of Arabic, or taking your advanced language skills to the next level, come discover Jordan this summer. Through a rigorous course of instruction, you’ll develop skills in both Modern Standard and spoken Arabic while student clubs, and a variety of cultural activities, offer you insight into Jordanian society and the culture.
Study abroad in Amman and you will:
- Begin or improve your Arabic through intensive language training in Modern Standard Arabic and Colloquial Jordanian Arabic
- Develop core vocabulary and colloquial conversation skills through language and culture clubs
- Work with Peer Language Tutors to enhance language skills and learn about campus life
- Explore Jordan through excursions to places such as desert castles and Biblical sites
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to Summer study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad:
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA