Integrated Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Live the sevillano lifestyle while earning course-credit through Spanish Studies Abroad's semester programs. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
The Integrated Studies Program - Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Students in the Integrated Studies Program take the majority of their courses alongside Spanish students at one or two local universities: Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide. Through a specially-designed culture course and intensive language program, you are guided through the process of studying abroad at a foreign institution, so that you may more fully integrate into the sevilllano culture. Spanish Studies in Seville also houses the Spanish Studies program, which is known for its rigorous academic curriculum and attention to the study abroad student's immersion experience.
Integrated Studies Program Highllights
- Intensive Language Period, designed to prepare you for living and studying in Spain
- Guided direct enrollment
- Tutoring and support from our Center in Seville
- Wide array of courses offered through Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- Independent Research Projects
- Speaking partners with native speakers
TRAVEL THE LAND...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, La Rábida Monastery and the beach, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Spain's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
With over 40 years of academic excellence in Spanish studies, Spanish Studies Abroad offers advanced Spanish language students the opportunity to take classes alongside local students while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad programming.
The goal of the Integrated Spanish Studies with Local Students program is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture both on campus and in the city, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. A unique intensive period at the Center in Seville prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university. The Center also provides you with many available resources to help you navigate through your experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad staff, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Center.
- Successful completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent; or heritage speaker
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to semester study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA