The local Goethe Institut office and staff organize cultural activities, academics, and housing and provide onsite student support.
Visit the Goethe Institut page for all program information including: academics, course dates, cost, housing and excursions.
Co-Sponsored Program Policy & Deadlines
This program is co-sponsored by the University of St. Thomas and the program provider. In order to participate on this program you must apply through and be approved by both St Thomas and the program provider.
Prior to beginning an application you must attend an Advising Meeting with a study abroad advisor. During this meeting the advisor will help you confirm your program selection, cover the application process, and grant you access to the UST online application.
UST approval to study abroad ensures you remain a full time St. Thomas student while studying abroad and that your credits count towards your degree.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
Criteria for Participation
- Attendance at an Advising Meeting is required. This meeting covers:
- the course approval process
- how to apply to a co-sponsored program
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection if you did not choose one during the advising meeting.
- Once you have selected a program and notified your advisor, login to stthomas.edu/studyabroad using your UST username and password.
- Go to ‘Applicant Home’ to access the UST program application. (If the application is not available, e-mail your study abroad advisor to request that it be set up for you.)
- Complete all UST application materials by the application deadline.
- Complete program provider application via the provider website by the application deadline.
- Download and read Short-Term Off-Campus Policies and Procedures (stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies). You are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by its content.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5. Note, some programs require a higher average.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
To apply for January Term financial aid, submit a January Term financial aid application, available in early November, to the Financial Aid Office. Additional aid in the form of scholarships may also be available from St. Thomas and some co-sponsoring organizations. Refer to our Scholarships webpage for details. Review the Short Term Off-Campus Policies and Procedures guide for additional financial aid information. To verify and confirm all financial aid awards, meet with a financial aid counselor.
For more information on Goethe Institut, visit their website
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad:
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA