CIEE Business, Communications, and Culture Program in Brussels, Belgium
With its central location and position in Europe, and as capital of the European Union, there's no better spot than Brussels to examine international relations, European integration, business, politics, and the rapidly changing face of new media and communications. You'll be in the center of international finance and politics, deepening not only your understanding of communications, but also enjoying stunning architecture, a vibrant arts scene, and a vast cross section of cultures.
Study abroad in Brussels and you will:
Find out more.
- Enroll in English-taught courses in communications, international relations, and Belgian culture
- Do a for-credit internship with a local organization
- Advance language skills in a French-taught course at the Université Libre de Bruxelles or a Dutch- taught course at the Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Participate in field trips to EU institutions and go on excursions in Belgium, France, the Netherlands, and Germany
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA