CIEE Engineering and Society Program in Madrid, Spain
Whether your interest is in aerospace or biomedical engineering, studying abroad in Madrid offers highly motivated students like you a chance to develop your Spanish skills and have adventures to remember. Rigorous courses at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) will open your mind to current theories and case studies, and excursions throughout Spain offer a chance to see engineering and cultural feats up close. An optional internship will help you gain real-world experience to use back home.
Study abroad in Madrid and you'll:
- Study at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, one of Spain's top-ranking schools for telematics engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, telecommunications technologies engineering, and telecommunication systems engineering (it's ranked fourth in computer engineering)
- Gain practical work experience and collaboration skills through a for-credit business or engineering- related internship
- Take advantage of company visits in and around Madrid to find out how today's scientists apply problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA