CIEE Language and Culture Program in Rabat, Morocco
Whether your Arabic is rudimentary or advanced, the CIEE Language + Culture study abroad program in Rabat is designed to help you develop both your language skills as well as your understanding of contemporary Morocco and give you insight into country’s role in the Arab world and its ties to Europe.
These goals are met through coursework and a variety of community engagement and field-based research opportunities. Students with strong French language skills can also take elective courses in French, adding to the overall cultural and linguistic experience.
Study abroad in Rabat and you will:
- Choose an Arabic language course at your level, beginner through advanced
- Participate in elective courses taught in English and French focusing on Moroccan and Arab studies, and the CIEE core course with one week in Fez or Marrakech
- Engage the community through local volunteer opportunities
- Immerse yourself in the culture through trips to local markets, performances at the National Theater and field trips including a visit to the ancient ruins of Chellah, and excursions to Chefchaouen and other popular Moroccan cities
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to semester study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA