Spanish Studies Program - Seville, Spain
Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco. Located in a historic downtown mansion, our Center has brought Americans and sevillanos together since 1969 by actively promoting interaction through language-exchanges, joint fiestas, and outings to cultural events.
Spanish Studies Program
All Spanish Studies courses are specifically designed to enhance your understanding of modern Spain while you immerse yourself in Spanish language and culture. The program is tailored to help students fulfill requirements needed for Spanish, international studies, business, education and other majors. In addition to living in a Spanish home, cultural events and social activities enhance the cultural element of your experience. At the Center, you also benefit from the expertise of our staff, who guide you to more fully immerse yourself in the sevillano community through volunteer work, local clubs, internships, etc.
Learn the Language...
- U.S.-modeled curriculum designed by Spanish Studies Abroad
- Small classes taught in Spanish by native professors
- Classes are held in our historical Center, built in two turn-of-the-century mansions
- For high advanced students the opportunity to enroll in education courses at Universidad de Sevilla or Universidad Pablo de Olavide (6 semesters college Spanish or equivalent, B1 placement test score)
- Independent Research Projects, Internship or Service Learning Course Options
- Intercambios with native speakers
- Semesters begin with an intensive language period (Monday-Friday)
- Average class size: 10-12
- 12-18 semester credits
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada and the Alhambra, Ronda, La Rábida Monastery and the beach, Córdoba and the Great Mosque, Itálica, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- Course designed to aid cultural adaptation
- Monthly fiestas for American and Spanish students at the Center in Seville
- Sevillanas dance classes and citywide festivals, such as Feria, Andalucía's largest folkloric festival
- Internships, service learning projects, and volunteer opportunities
- Homestays with local families or housing in student residence halls with Spanish students
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
- Double occupancy room & full board
- Overnight & local study visits & cultural activities
- Health Insurance
- Computer access & high-speed internet access
- Spanish Studies transcript
- Support of onsite staff
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to semester study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA