CIEE Business and Culture Program in Barcelona, Spain
In an increasingly globalized economy, international experience and understanding of foreign markets and practices is essential. Advance your Spanish language skills while pursuing a degree in business in the dynamic capital of Catalonia. You'll explore issues related to business within the context of Spain and the European Union in classes with local students, taught in English or in Spanish. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced-level Spanish student, studying abroad in Barcelona offers you challenging coursework, homestays, company visits, internship opportunities, and a variety of cultural excursions and activities that give you insight into international business.
Study abroad in Barcelona and you'll:
- Begin or continue to build your Spanish language skills
- Take courses with local and international students at reputable business schools and programs
- Travel throughout the region of Catalonia through many three one-day trips, and enjoy a weekend trip to another major Spanish city such as Madrid or Seville through CIEE planned cultural activities
- Explore the city with CIEE Guardian Angels, local students who help you get oriented and make the city feel like home
- Gain credit and real work experience through an internship
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA