Application Process for University of St. Thomas Students
Witness the continued economic growth that has transformed this capital city into a financial, political, and cultural hub for Chile and South America. Our program guarantees you an internship placement to help you develop professional skills that will jump-start your résumé and make you more attractive to employers in today’s competitive job market. IES Abroad’s unpaid, academic internships place Santiago interns at local companies, while also showing them the sights and sounds of Chile.
Before you depart, we work with you to fine-tune your résumé, perfect your cover letter, hone your networking and interview skills, as well as prepare you for working in a new cultural environment. You’ll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization, where you’ll work for at least 25 hours a week. You will also enroll in a required 1- or 6-credit academic internship seminar with other IES Abroad interns, where you’ll learn about a variety of local business settings and opportunities.
Visit www.IESabroad.org for complete program details.
NOTE: Program dates listed in Studio Abroad are approximate. Please refer to IES Abroad predeparture materials for planning travel.
When you step off the plane in Santiago, you’ll be mesmerized by the towering Andes Mountains—and at how the city of Santiago sits neatly below them, contentedly bringing together Chile’s colonial past and its new role as the country’s commercial center. During your stay, see a fútbol game, taste asado Chileno, experience the innovative music scene, and take in the many sides of Chilean culture.
Whether it's an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we're all about our student services. To find out more specific details, click here and select the Student Life tab.
About IES Abroad
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 6,000 study abroad students every year. From our headquarters in Chicago to our 115+ study abroad programs in more than 35 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences.
Discover more about what we offer with all of our programs.
Request a Catalog
Email an Advisor
Contact a Past Participant
Call us at 800.995.2300
This is a co-sponsored program, offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate on this program you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to a co-sponsored program
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and our co-sponsored program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA