CIEE Summer Language and Culture Program in Barcelona, Spain
Whether you're looking to begin studying Spanish, or if you're an intermediate student ready to take your Spanish proficiency to the next level, or you want to study an aspect of Spanish culture in English or in Spanish, come spend your summer in vibrant Barcelona.
Summer study abroad in Barcelona offers you three sessions from late May to mid-August. The four-week program is designed for students looking to improve their language skills and take content courses in Spanish or English. A selection of challenging courses, homestays, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions provide you with a unique academic and intercultural experience abroad.
Study abroad in Barcelona and you'll:
- Improve your Spanish language skills through courses at all levels
- Live with a Spanish family, in a student residencia or in a shared apartment
- Visit sites of natural and cultural importance in and around Barcelona and Catalonia including museums, monuments, and cathedrals
- Enjoy a local overnight trip per session to areas of significant historic and cultural importance.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to Summer study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA