We’re pleased to offer semester pricing for Open Campus programs starting at $6,850. CIEE is committed to preparing global citizens for today’s workforce and tackling the barriers that prevent students from studying abroad. Providing affordable programs is key to these efforts, and supports our pledge to Generation Study Abroad™.
Customize your study abroad experience. Our Open Campus program at the CIEE Global Institute – Madrid offers maximum flexibility to engage and experience Madrid in your own way. Match the academic experience with your interests, aspirations, and degree requirements: Take one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from five options; then choose from a wide range of courses and subject areas.
No matter how you build your program, you’ll surround yourself with the Spanish language, culture, and people throughout the city of Madrid. Live with other Open Campus students or with Spanish hosts, study in modern classrooms at the Global Institute – Madrid, centrally located near the Plaza de Sol. Get out and learn more about Madrid, Spain and Europe during integrated co-curricular and extra-curricular outings and structured study tours.
Students can also opt to combine locations across the CIEE Open Campus locations – in Berlin, Cape Town, London, Paris and Rome – to create a truly individualized study abroad experience.
Learn more today!
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program provider.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA