CIEE Summer Internship in Shanghai, China
Shanghai is a commercial giant, financial and cultural hub, and home to the largest container port on Earth. Doing business here is, more often than not, doing business with the world. Get with the program: the CIEE Summer Internship program in Shanghai will build your business knowledge from a global perspective!
During this program, you'll learn firsthand about business ethics, corporate structure, fiscal policies and regulatory impact, workplace issues, and the importance of skills such as integrity and collaboration. What's more, you'll develop contacts in China that can potentially help with future career opportunities.
Study abroad in Shanghai and you will also:
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
- Develop important intercultural skills by working in an international business environment
- Advance your Chinese language proficiency and business vocabulary--reading, writing, and presenting information with more fluency, complexity, and confidence
- Build your professional skills and real-world work experience as you expand your professional network alongside professionals at Chinese companies, multinationals, or NGOs
- Discover another side of China on a weekend field trip to Nanjing
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program provider.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA