CIEE Summer Internship in Barcelona, Spain
Spend the summer in the vibrant seaside city of Barcelona immersed in a professional Spanish environment on our Summer Internship program. This program pairs qualified students with local and international businesses, companies and organizations, giving you the opportunity to learn from, and contribute to, some of Spain's most successful organizations. Through challenging coursework, language training, homestays, company visits, and a for-credit internship in Spanish or in English, you'll increase your understanding of international working environment while improving your Spanish language, and communication skills.
A for-credit internship is at the core of our Summer Business Internship program in Barcelona. Based on your experience, interests, and current studies, you’ll be placed with a company—could be a startup, local business, or international organization—where you’ll gain hands-on professional experience and practice your Spanish language skills. Past internship sites include the multinational Whirlpool, the headhunting company Brainmatch, the travel and tourism company WayAway, and the local accounting firm Uhy-Fay.
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to Summer study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA