Application Process for Other Approved Programs
You won't need the luck of the Irish to have an unforgettable study abroad experience in Dublin. By directly enrolling at Dublin City University (DCU), you'll have the joy of befriending the Irish, who are known for their hospitality. You'll feel more at home knowing that Dublin has a young population (more than half of the city is under 25).
Dublin rewards the independent spirit with a diverse culture and a wide range of educational opportunities.
Dublin City University (DCU) offers a wide variety of challenging courses. This program appeals primarily to those students who are ready for the challenge of adapting to an entirely new academic culture that requires significant independent work.
Visit www.IESabroad.org for complete program details.
Your journey begins in the cultural center (and the heart) of Ireland: Dublin. Just think, you'll be studying in the City of Literature that's home to such literary greats as George Bernard Shaw, Oscar Wilde, William Butler Yeats, and Samuel Beckett! Stroll around Dublin to see how the historic architecture blends with modern design. Enjoy the energetic music scene and lively theatre. And when you need to get away, you'll discover outdoor adventures just a short train or bus ride away.
We strive to make sure you feel safe, cared for, and at home while you’re away from home. Whether it’s the orientation program that makes you feel prepared, your housing that is well-located and comfortable, the cultural events that make it easy and fun to meet other international and local students, or the field trips and walking tours that take you to places tourists don’t usually see—we’re all about our student service. Learn more about the day-to-day studying abroad on this program. From field trips to housing, it’s all on IES Abroad’s website.
Scholarships & Aid
IES Abroad firmly believes that financial limitations should not prevent a qualified student from participating in an IES Abroad program. That's why we commit $5 million in study abroad scholarships and aid, all offered through one quick and easy application. Check out all of our scholarship options at www.IESabroad.org/aid.
Aid Application Deadlines:
Summer – April 1
Fall/Academic Year – May 1
Spring/Calendar Year – November 1
The IES Abroad Difference
We can say that our academic standards are completely unmatched, our partnerships with more than 500 global universities and colleges speak to the quality of our programs, and our health and safety practices have set the standards for the entire field of study abroad. And all of that would be true…. But what really sets us apart is our commitment to you. As a not-for-profit study abroad and internship provider, you are our bottom line. Your success is our success. And in today’s world, that’s a pretty extraordinary thing.
- 135+ Award-Winning Study Abroad and Internship Programs
- 33 Global Locations
- Advising & Student Support from predeparture to after you return home
- Strong Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- $5+ Million in Aid and Scholarships
- Passionate, Mission-Focused Staff and Faculty from our headquarters in Chicago to our Centers around the world
- 70 Years of Experience
About IES Abroad
Founded in 1950, IES Abroad is a not-for-profit academic consortium of more than 260 top-tier American colleges and universities, with more than 240 additional partner universities worldwide. IES Abroad provides premier study abroad and internship programs around the world through IES Abroad, IES Internships, IES Abroad Customized & Faculty-Led Programs, and The Study Abroad Foundation. With more than 400 study abroad programs in 85 locations worldwide, the organization creates authentic global education opportunities for thousands of students annually. IES Abroad has nearly 140,000 alumni who have benefited from studying in IES Abroad programs since its inception. Discover more about what we offer with all of our programs.
See Our Catalogs
Email an Advisor
Contact a Past Participant
Call us at 800.995.2300
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to semester study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA