Gain international career experience, without leaving your home! With GE Virtuoso, you can put accessibility and mobility concerns aside and develop a meaningful professional connection with an international company through an online internship. You will gain the skills necessary to thrive in today's economy, including digital literacy, cross-cultural communication, time management, and much more. This program allows you to gain the same benefits from working with an international company, and access to GE’s career coaching and professional development program - plus extra benefits of it being affordable, flexible, and environmentally friendly.
Interns participating in GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships can expect the same level of support, guidance, and high-quality internships that define Global Experiences. Before you are matched with an employer, you will work one-on-one with your Program Advisor at GE. They will help you with professional development, career advising, the Strengths assessment, and best-practices for a virtual internship.
Intern with companies in countries around the world from Europe, to Central America, to Oceania -- all from the comfort of your own home. Interns can expect to work with colleagues in different time zones, learn about a different job market, and adapt to cultural business practices.
The internship placements on this program will be facilitated by Global Experiences. The Office of Study Abroad and the Career Development Center at St. Thomas will provide additional pre- and post-program support through a variety of resources, including pre-program orientations and post-program workshops.
Information sessions will be held on Friday, November 6 from 2-2:30 p.m. and Tuesday, November 10 from 12-12:30 PM:
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
November 15 for spring semester programs
April 15 for summer programs
July 15 for fall semester programs
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA