THIS COURSE IS ONLY OPEN TO GRADUATE STUDENTS
How exciting and challenging is it to do business in a region that (a) was under communist control until the 1980’s, (b) is transitioning from manufacturing based industries to high tech and, (c) has some of the highest GDP growth rates in the European Union?
Doing Business in Eastern Europe
will allow students to gain knowledge about the business environment and practices in Eastern Europe, improve their skills in analyzing and evaluating business situations, and ultimately make better decisions in Eastern Europe and other global markets. As a part of this class, the business study activities are complemented by city tours, meals, and other cultural experiences allowing students to also gain a broader understanding of culture and way of life.
Doing Business in Eastern Europe is available to active graduate business students in good academic standing. Students from other St. Thomas graduate programs may be eligible with the instructors’ permission. Students should expect a workload similar to a regular graduate business course with readings, discussions, presentations, written deliverables, etc. There will be 2 required pre-travel classes (April 18 and May 20) and 1 required post-travel class (June 3). Requirements include participating in all group activities, including all pre and post meetings and cultural activities.
This course will be led by Mary Slack
, Clinical Faculty - Management Department and Stephanie Grimm
, Associate Professor of Accounting
Application Procedures & Deadlines
For more information
- Select the Apply Now button at the top to start your online application.
- Login using your UST username and password
- Submit your application as soon as possible before the application deadline of Monday, March 1st, as interest in the study abroad programs is high. If space remains after March 1st, qualified students may be added if our logistics partner is still able to accommodate changes.
- A waitlist will be established once 25 students are accepted.
- Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials have been received. The graduate student services office will notify students of their status.
Looking for more detailed information about the program including itinerary and costs? Find it here.
On application procedures, contact the graduate business student services office at OCBGradServices@stthomas.edu
Cancellation* and Refund Policy
For the $450 program fee, the cancellation and refund policy is as follows.
Through April 1, 2021 Full refund.
Through May 1, 2021 50% refund of the program fee.
After May 1, 2021 NO REFUND. You are responsible for the full program cost. 100% of program costs will be charged to your student account.
*All cancellations must be submitted in writing from your St. Thomas e-mail account to email@example.com and to OCBGradServices@stthomas.edu. Under no circumstances are cancellations accepted by phone, in person, or through a third party.