AIFS Study Abroad in Salamanca, Spain: Semester or Academic Year
Earn up to 15 credits through a wide variety of courses when you study with AIFS in Salamanca, Spain. You may choose to live in a student apartment, or a homestay or a student residence for a fee. Enjoy cultural activities like, guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, museum visits, a tapas tour, and intercambios with Spanish students. 2-day trip to Madrid and Toledo, and day trips to Segovia, and Ribera del Duero for fall and Ciudad Rodrigo for spring students are included. Optional trips are, 4-day visit to Morocco, 4-day trip to Seville, Granada and Cordoba, and 3-day trip to Portugal
AIFS is recognized as the premium provider of study abroad programs. Our all-inclusive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Since 1964, over 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS.
Find out more about Studying Abroad with AIFS:
Offering more than $800,000 in scholarships, grants and financial support each year!
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA