CIEE Summer Ghanaian Studies Program in Legon, Ghana
Spend a summer exploring one of the most vibrant countries in West Africa. Through the Summer Ghanaian Studies program, you’ll gain an appreciation of Ghana’s rich culture and tradition. Learn how slavery, colonization, independence, and Pan-Africanism have influenced the country’s present-day society; and develop a better understanding of Ghanaian people through the academic courses, co-curricular activities, and volunteer projects.
Study abroad in Ghana and you will:
- Take innovative courses in Ghanaian history, politics, music, and dance taught by faculty from the premier institute of higher learning in Ghana
- Learn firsthand about Ghanaian society through volunteer opportunities at local orphanages NGOs, schools, and other service organizations
- Explore Ghana’s rich history and culture through a series of CIEE excursions to sites including Aburi, Cape Coast, Elmina, and Kumasi
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to Summer study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad:
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA