CIEE Liberal Arts Program in Seville, Spain
Come to Seville and develop your advanced-level Spanish skills while enjoying extensive course offerings in nearly every academic discipline. Walk the same halls as Dan Brown, the author of "The Da Vinci Code," when he studied art history here. Visit the Royal Alcazar palace, where part of the fifth season of a Game of Thrones was filmed. Go on bike tours with Spanish peers. Explore the different areas of Spain. There's so much to see and learn – from majestic cathedrals to royal palaces to what your host family eats. The Liberal Arts program in Seville will be an unforgettable life adventure.
With a curriculum built specifically for CIEE students; direct enrolment options at two local universities; homestays; a language exchange; volunteer opportunities and interest groups, studying abroad in Seville offers you a unique academic and intercultural experience.
Study abroad in Seville and you'll:
- Study at one of the oldest and most prestigious study abroad programs in Spain, chosen by thousands of U.S. students since its inception in 1971
- Learn outside the classroom through weekly educational activities and excursions to sites of cultural significance
- Immerse yourself in the local community through special interest groups, homestays, intercambios, and volunteer opportunities
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA