Application Process for Other Approved Programs
With a population of nearly 1.8 million people, Quito is a vibrant and modern city that is famous for its beautiful colonial Spanish architecture. It is also the capital of Ecuador—one of the most biologically varied countries in the world. Come to Quito and immerse yourself in the local language and culture as you focus your studies on Ecuador's ecological and ethnic diversity and the challenges of development.
If you're interested in improving your Spanish language skills, this program offers you the opportunity to rapidly improve your Spanish through a rigorous language course taught by IES Abroad. You select the remainder of your courses from options available at IES Abroad and prestigious local universities.
Visit www.IESabroad.org for complete program details.
NOTE: Program dates listed in Studio Abroad are approximate. Please refer to IES Abroad predeparture materials for planning travel.
Sit back, relax, and dream about the adventures that await you in Ecuador. First, imagine exploring Quito's vibrant neighborhoods and admiring the beautiful colonial Spanish architecture that makes the city a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Next, picture yourself studying the ecological diversity of the Galápagos Islands, standing on the equator in Mitad del Mundo, and hiking the mountain rainforest in Loja Province. Pack your bags now--South America awaits you.
Whether it's an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we're all about our student services. To find out more specific details, click here and select the Student Life tab.
About IES Abroad
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 6,000 study abroad students every year. From our headquarters in Chicago to our 115+ study abroad programs in more than 35 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences.
Discover more about what we offer with all of our programs.
Request a Catalog
Email an Advisor
Contact a Past Participant
Call us at 800.995.2300
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to semester study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA