Semester & Summer Internship Programs
Gain professional experience, while improving your Spanish. Working at a business or organization in Spain or Argentina allows you access to the work culture and daily life of local citizens often hidden to students studying abroad, and to more fully integrate into the local culture.
Our program locations in Seville and Alicante, Spain and Córdoba, Argentina host a complex and diverse array of businesses and organizations through which students can develop unique professional experience abroad. Working culture in Spain and Argentina is inextricably connected to the traditions and history of each city and yet is constantly evolving in an increasingly globalized world.
The curricula of the Internship programs are centered around your individual work experience. Complementary courses help you to work through the linguistic and cultural challenges you may run into while in the field.
Learn the Language...
- Practical Spanish language experience in a local internship placement
- Linguistic support through language courses
- Classes taught in Spanish by native professors
- Optional semester course
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions arranged by CC-CS
- Ample time for independent travel
Live the Life...
- Guidance through work culture by internship supervisor
- Spanish Studies Abroad -designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Regular meetings with the Resident Director to troubleshoot challenges encountered in the field
- Homestays with local families (housing in a student residence is also available in Seville)
...with the Spanish Studies Abroad
Gain professional experience, improve your Spanish, and integrate into the work culture of your host country. Spanish Studies Abroad works with you to place you in an internship that matches your interests and goals.
The curriculum allows you to maximize your experience by providing you with the language and cultural tools necessary for a productive internship. Aligned with the regular Spanish Studies Abroad semester program, you begin with an intensive language and culture course. During your internship you have regular contact with the Resident Director, a supplemental course in cultural reflection, and an option to enroll in a semester course.
Spanish Studies Abroad offers you the unique opportunity to undertake in an intensive 8-week internship, while benefiting from homestays and regularly scheduled cultural trips and activities offered by Spanish Studies Abroad. A one-credit language training course helps you to gain the linguistic tools necessary to integrate into Spanish work culture.
Program fees include placement in an internship, tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad staff, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available.
Successful completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent; minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework.
Other Spanish Studies Abroad Internship Opportunities:
Spanish Studies Abroad also offers internship and service learning options for qualified students alongside coursework in the regular semester programs in all locations. Visit www.spanishstudies.org/internships for more information.
Start your online application today
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines:
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to semester study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA