Summer Term - Córdoba, Argentina
Córdoba, the university capital of Argentina, is popularly known as La Docta because of its rich academic tradition. This warm and inviting city offers you an ideal environment for cross-cultural immersion in Argentine society. With the Andes to the west, the Pampas to the north, and the wild beauty of Patagonia to the south, Córdoba is a crossroads for intellectual and terrestrial explorers alike.
The Summer Term gives beginning to advanced Spanish-level students the opportunity to take a language or content course designed for international students studying Spanish at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad. The program integrates thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate into the cordobés culture.
Learn the Language...
- U.S.-compatible curriculum
- All classes taught in Spanish by Argentine professors
- Courses designed for international students
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Weekend visit to Buenos Aires, as well as las estancias jesuíticas, local museums and other cultural sites
- Easy access to the many diverse regions of Argentina
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Argentine and international students
- Interaction with Argentine students at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
- Homestays with local Argentine families
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
Spanish Studies students study onsite at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (UNC). Founded by the Jesuits in 1613, UNC's history is closely intertwined with the city's. Located in the center of historic downtown, UNC is home to many of the city's unique and rich historical sites, architecture, and resources. Its prestige attracts students from all over Argentina and South America.
In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Argentine and international students. The goal of the Summer program is to guide you to live as a member of this community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Homestays and cultural guidance from our Resident Director enhance the immersion experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies transcript. Optional activities are also available through the university.
Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework.
Contact: Start your online application today
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to Summer study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA