Summer Term - Seville, Spain
Live the sevillano lifestyle while earning course-credit through Spanish Studies Abroad summer programs. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
The Summer Terms offer students the option use their summer to discover Seville while living in a homestay and earning up to ten university-level credits. With a few exceptions, courses are taught in Spanish from the beginner to advanced levels--our course selection covers a wide array of disciplines from general language to the highly specific courses like "Mosaic: Jews, Muslims, and the Spanish Experience," and include special professional development courses for education, business, and health-oriented students.
Learn the Language...
- Spanish Studies-designed courses taught by native professors
- Daily interaction with sevillanos
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Córdoba, Ronda, La Rábida, and Columbian sites
- Study visits within Seville to local historical sites and attractions
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- On-site orientation and cultural guidance
- Social activities and fiestas with local students
- Organized cultural events
- Homestays with local families
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
The goal of the Summer Term is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for your academic needs and access to language exchanges, cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into life in Seville.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies staff, pre-departure support, laundry, day and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through Spanish Studies Abroad
Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework (when applicable).
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to Summer study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad:
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA