CIEE Arts and Sciences Program in Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo, the economic, technical, and political hub of Japan, is one of the world’s most vibrant and fascinating capitals – a delight for fashionistas and gastronomes. Further your studies in the arts and sciences, and get to know Tokyo’s fascinating culture by taking Japanese language courses, living with a local family or with Japanese and other international students, and taking part in lively extracurricular activities and clubs. A semester or year in Tokyo is sure to be a challenging, enriching international experience.
Study abroad in Japan and you will:
- Study Japanese in language classes at all levels; choose from a wide range of other courses taught in English to mixed groups of Japanese and international students
- Live with a Japanese family or in a dorm with young professionals and Japanese and international students
- Participate in a contemporary and traditional cultural activity program, including regional site visits, historical tours, hands-on workshops, and a weekend excursion to Hiroshima; benefit from an extra cultural activity reimbursement program
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA