Application Process for Other Approved Programs
Study Abroad in Rome, Italy with AIFS
Earn 3 semester credits during a 3-week January term studying abroad in Rome, Italy. Choose from a selection of courses including Art and Culture in Rome: 800 BC - 2000 AD; Elementary Italian 1 (A1 CEFR); Comparative World Religions; and Culture and Style in Italy. All classes are instructed in English with the exception of Elementary Italian. Transcripts issued by Richmond, The American International University.
In Rome, you'll stay in centrally located apartments or in an Italian home with internet access included. To help you get a true taste of Italian culture, the AIFS team in Rome arranges a variety of cultural and social activities. Enjoy wine tastings, Italian cooking classes, walking tours, museum visits and more. A day trip to Assisi and Trevi is included, and an optional 3-day excursion to Florence is available.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with scholarship funding available. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Find out more about Studying Abroad with AIFS:
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a group advising session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Explore & Plan > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically do NOT apply to January Term study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for more information.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA