CIEE Arts and Sciences Program in Gaborone, Botswana
Ready to learn in the heart of southern Africa, a land of diverse and vibrant beauty? In Botswana with CIEE, you’ll experience the friendly people and beautiful nature of one of Africa’s fastest growing economies. Learn firsthand about the country’s rich history, prominent culture, and biodiversity. CIEE’s program is full of interaction with the people of this special country. Take classes with local students, learn the Setswana language, go on excursions, live with a local family, and so much more.
Study abroad in Gaborone and you'll:
- Choose from direct enrollment courses in social sciences, natural sciences, humanities, engineering and technology, education, business, and health sciences
- Enhance your learning through a language and culture practicum to build a bridge between language and experiential learning
- Participate in a rural homestay to get an understanding of the interaction between traditional and modern issues in Botswana today
- Learn about Botswana’s rich history and biodiversity through excursions to Bahurutshe Cultural Village, Mokolodi Game Reserve, and Chobe National Park
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Application Process for Other Approved Programs
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA