Enjoy all that Côte d'Azur has to offer while studying the culture and history of the French Mediterranean coast, improving your language skills (no experience required), and learning about business with other international students. You will take your language and area studies courses at the IES Abroad Center, accompanied by IPAG Business School courses. The IPAG Business School is located in the economic heart of Nice and offers many courses taught in English (only a few electives are taught in French).
Nice and the French Riviera will be your classroom. Imagine yourself visiting the Chagall and Matisse museums, enjoying a tasting at a local winery or cheese shop, or visiting Monaco for the day. Whether you’re an advanced French language student or a beginner, this program offers full immersion into the culture of Nice through course-related excursions, cultural activities, and conversation clubs.
Visit www.IESabroad.org for complete program details.
NOTE: Program dates listed in Studio Abroad are approximate. Please refer to IES Abroad predeparture materials for planning travel.
As the fifth largest city in France, Nice is the capital of the French Riviera and an international metropolis, with more than 160 different nationalities living and working in the region. Because Nice is a European and Mediterranean hub to the world (its international airport is just 5 km from the city center), the city is host to a large number of international businesses and schools, a center for innovation, and a celebrity hotspot.
Whether it's an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we're all about our student services. To find out more specific details, click here and select the Student Life tab.
About IES Abroad
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 6,000 study abroad students every year. From our headquarters in Chicago to our 115+ study abroad programs in more than 35 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences.
Discover more about what we offer with all of our programs.
Request a Catalog
Email an Advisor
Contact a Past Participant
Call us at 800.995.2300
Application Process for University of St. Thomas Students
This is a co-sponsored program, offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate on this program you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to a co-sponsored program
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and our co-sponsored program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program partner.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA