Application Process for Other Approved Programs
By enrolling in this program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to choose from a large variety of Business and Economics courses at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). Located in Amsterdam’s business district, the School of Economics & Business Administration has applied for AACSB accreditation and offers courses in Business Information Systems, Finance, International Business Law, Global Supply Chain Management, Organization Theory, and many other topics. You can also supplement your studies at the VU with an IES Abroad course taught at the Center in Art History, Art, Cultural Studies, Dutch, or Gender Studies.
Visit www.IESabroad.org for complete program details.
NOTE: Please refer to IES Abroad predeparture materials for planning travel.
Known for its liberal views and open-minded attitude, the residents of Amsterdam welcome you to this cozy city. You'll adore the lovely canals and old European charm that make up the enchanting city of Amsterdam. Because the city planning hasn't changed much since the 19th century, you'll appreciate the architecture and historic homes that color the city. And you can't leave without seeing the windmills!
Whether it's an orientation program that makes you feel prepared, housing that is well-located and comfortable, or the field trips that take you to places off the beaten path—we're all about our student services. To find out more specific details, click here and select the Student Life tab.
About IES Abroad
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 6,500 study abroad students every year. From our headquarters in Chicago to our 140 study abroad programs in more than 34 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences.
Discover more about what we offer with all of our programs.
Request a Catalog
Email an Advisor
Contact a Past Participant
Call us at 800.995.2300
This program is offered through one of our approved program partners. In order to participate you must apply through, and be approved, by both St. Thomas and the program.
University of St. Thomas application deadlines
- Attend a first-step session. Dates posted online at stthomas.edu/studyabroad.
- Schedule an advising meeting. This meeting will review:
- any questions you have about studying abroad, including program selection if you are considering multiple programs.
- the course approval process
- how to apply to Other Approved Programs
- Notify your study abroad advisor of final program selection.
- Complete all St. Thomas application materials by the St. Thomas application deadline.
- Complete program application via the program’s website by their deadline.
October 1 for January Term and spring semester programs
March 15 for summer, fall semester and year-long programs.
Please note that some programs have deadlines earlier than St. Thomas.
St Thomas Criteria for Participation
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Students may not apply for, maintain an approved application, nor participate in a Study Abroad program while on academic or conduct probation. Any disciplinary records may be a consideration for approval to participate in an off-campus programs.
- View all eligibility requirements for study abroad through St. Thomas: stthomas.edu/studyabroad > Student Policies.
- Some programs have additional criteria.
Financial Aid Awards (grants, loans and scholarships) typically apply to study abroad. Visit stthomas.edu/financialaid for instructions.
The Office of Study Abroad, and other approved program partners, offers scholarships. Visit stthomas.edu/studyabroad, and the program’s website, for details.
For additional program information, contact the program provider.
For application procedures contact Study Abroad.
Office of Study Abroad
University of St. Thomas
MHC 212 (Mail 5026)
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1096 USA